- Free online 24/7 support 24/7
- Improved performance to reduce load on your PC
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Very good on malware detection
- Don’t not provide best protection from the viruses
- Can slow your computer
- Free edition very limited
If you are looking for a free antivirus application, AVG Antivirus is one of the best options available out there to consider. Even though it is a free tool, it has the potential to deliver a wide array of benefits for the users. It can even scan links on Internet, Twitter and Facebook and assist you to share files in a convenient manner.
Even though AVG Antivirus is a free antivirus application, it is in a position to deliver enhanced protection for all the users just like other similar applications available on the Internet. It is in a position to detect malware attacks on both email clients and Internet browser. You can also go for the premium version of AVG based on your specific requirements. However, there is no clear different in terms of protection between the free version and premium version. That’s mainly because both these versions use the same engine to look for potential threats.
The performance delivered to the users of AVG Antivirus is impressive as well. It only takes about 30 minutes for this application to performance a complete system scan on an average system. There is no significant performance difference in between the free and premium version as well.
AVG Antivirus comes along with a unique virus vault. When the software detects a threat in your system, it will be moved automatically to the virus vault. In fact, the virus vault consists of an isolated and secure location that is created on your hard drive. The good news is that no program moved to the quarantine will be deleted by AVG Antivirus. The users will have to go to the vault and delete them manually. Moreover, AVG Antivirus comes along with a dedicated Internet browser, which is associated with a link scanner. It can look for malicious code within a specific website that you access and ensure maximum protection. Therefore, users are encouraged to open this browser during online shopping and banking. However, AVG Antivirus does not come along with a dedicated mobile management hub.
Easy To Use
AVG comes along with a simple and easy to user interface. All the basic functionalities are there on the main interface. However, the mobile version of AVG can be a bit tricky because you can find similar buttons with different performances. You will not find it as a big issue once you get used to the application for some time.
AVG Antivirus has the ability to scan for viruses in the background without causing any impact on the system performance. It would only give you a notification if there is any threat. However, some users have said that they experienced a considerable slowdown in the computer performance after installing AVG.
Choose the best for you
|Antivirus Blocks viruses, spyware, & other malware|
Scans web, Twitter®, & Facebook® links
Warns you of malicious attachments
Protects you from harmful downloads
Encrypts & password-protects private files
More Frequent Auto-Updates
Get automatic security updates every 2 hours
Keep your inbox free of spam & scams
Shop & bank safer with Enhanced Firewall
AVG Internet Security include following features:
- Email Scanner
- Protective Cloud Technology
- Community Protection Network
- AVG LinkScanner®
- Social Networking Protection
- AVG Online Shield™
- Real-Time Outbreak Detection
- AI Detection
Smart scanning sequence allow dramatically shorten scanning times, that option is followimg the order in which files are saved to the hard drive.
- Game Mode
Keeps scans and updates at bay while you play to avoid lags and freezes. In additional to that it looking for potential hacker attack that trying to steal and sell your game rewards.
- Smart Scanner
Allow to schedule the PC scans and scanning it only when you don’t use it. When AVG detects user activity is Drops the scanning into low-priority mode and the system is smart to remember and recognize already scanned files and ignoring them if they was not modified.
- File Shredder: File Shredder deletes data securely using processes that prevent them being accessed or recovered by someone else.
- Data Safe: Encrypts and stores your valuable documents, pictures or any other files onto a password protected virtual disk on your PC. Use Windows Explorer to move files into your Data Safe and open them just like any other disk.
- AVG Do Not Track: Lets you identify which websites are collecting data on your online activities and gives you the choice whether to allow it. This is available if you take AVG Security Toolbar as part of your installation or as a separate plugin. Supports Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- AVG Identity Protection: Not only keeps your personal information safe when you’re busy online, but also stops criminals stealing personal data on your PC.
- Anti-Spyware: Keep your identity safe from the Spyware and Adware that tracks personal information.
- AVG WiFi Guard: Helps you avoid the rogue WiFi access points used by hackers by alerting you when your PC tries to access an unknown WiFi network.
- AVG Enhanced Firewall: Blocks hackers attempting to access the private data stored on your PC. Stops malware taking over your computer or from harming other peoples. Works on wired and wireless networks.
Supporting following Devices:
PC, Android , Mac
AVG Supporting the following Operation systems Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 2000 and older is not a supported operating system.
Processor: Intel Pentium 1.5 GHz or faster (better to use 1.8 GHz or faster) Memory: 512 MB of RAM (Windows XP) / 1024 MB of RAM (others PC versions) recommended RAM 1024 MB Hard disk free space:
- AVG Anti-Virus Free: 1.2 Gb (1.5 Gb recommended)
- AVG Anti-Virus: 1.3 Gb (1.6 Gb recommended)
- AVG Internet Security: 1.3 Gb (1.6 Gb recommended)
- AVG Premium Security: 1.4 Gb (1.7 Gb recommended)